George Melly, BBC Radio 4, 30.7.95, gave the following useful summary of many of the world's religions:
- Tao: Shit happens.
- Buddhism: The shit that happens is good.
- Hinduism: The shit that happens has always happened.
- Zen: What is the sound of shit happening?
- Jew: Why does the shit happen to me?
- Catholic: The shit happens because you deserve it.
- Protestant: Why doesn't the shit happen to someone else?
- Agnostic: Not sure there is such a thing as shit.
- Atheist: I don't believe in all that shit.
- Rasta: Let's smoke the shit !
Two responses from me:
- Why is Islam missing from that list? Was he scared? Even shit-scared?
- On a more serious note, the message of the Bible is rather different from all those (even from the Jew, Catholic and Protestant). It goes like this:
- The Living God: I'll clear up the shit for you, if you want me to.
This page is offered to God as on-going work. Comments, queries welcome.
Copyright (c) George Melly 1995 and Andrew Basden 1998 to all dates below. You may use Andrew Basden's material subject to certain conditions.
Part of his www.abxn.org pages, that open up discussion and exploration from a Christian ('xn') perspective. Written on the Amiga with Protext. Number of visitors to these pages: .
Last updated: 24 April 2014 rid ../, .end, .nav.