Some Sayings of Jesus
A page looking at the sayings of Jesus, mainly from John's Gospel, that expands on the meaning behind almost every word. In some places the commentary is speculative, but if you think so, then ignore it. I've just started the page. Inspired by something Hilary Maitland said.
- The Hebrew words for Yahweh, the only self-existent one, the transcendent God.
- Present tense and always active.
"The": Jesus is claiming to be the one and only, unique, not just one among many or even the highest among several.
- Staple food, that is full of goodness like few other foods.
- The poor of both poor and rich - for everybody, regardless of their station or wealth or giftings.
- Something that must be broken to be eaten.
- A food that is often shared.
"Life": Fullness of living, being, doing, purposing.
This page is offered to God as on-going work. Comments, queries welcome.
Copyright (c) Andrew Basden 2009. But you may use this material subject to certain conditions.
Part of his www.abxn.org pages, that open up discussion and exploration from a Christian ('xn') perspective. Written on the Amiga with Protext. Number of visitors to these pages: .
Last updated: 5 January 2009 .end, .nav.